Annual DP trials demonstrate that a vessel is fit for DP operations. The trials verify that the DP system is fully functional, well maintained and that the FMEA remains valid.
Our annual DP trial protocol will be developed ship specific and is used to demonstrate:
– Performance and protection of the DP system
– Position keeping capabilities, specifically in the case when identified single failures occur
– Correctness of the FMEA and relevance to the overall management of the FMEA
– That the vessel’s DP system is fully operational
– Changes and modifications do not have any unexpected effect